The IRFU has today confirmed Joe Schmidt as the new head coach of the Irish rugby team.
Scotland overcame a horrible first-half performance to beat Ireland 12-8 in the RBS Six Nations at Murrayfield, with Greig Laidlaw kicking all their points.
For the first time in history, there is a distinct possibility that more women than men will be tuning in to watch a sports-related documentary on Sunday February 24 at 21:30 as Ulster and Ireland star, Tommy Bowe, is the subject of a sports science programme that will be aired by RTE.
Ireland mixed panache with power to beat Wales 30-22 in a pulsating opening match of the Six Nations on Saturday, condemning the beleaguered holders to an eighth straight loss and already leaving their title defense in disarray.
Leinster fans everywhere were gutted to hear the news that star player Jonathan Sexton has decided not to renew his contract with the Irish Rugby Football Union and will leave Leinser to join French side Racing Metro.
Leinster reignited their Heineken Cup dream with a 33-14 bonus-point win over the Scarlets, which kept their four from five Heineken Cup hopes alive.
The year 2012 has been incredible for Irish athletes across all sports and Irish sports in general. We have been through unbelievable highs and devastating lows; we’ve lifted trophies in every corner of the world; and lifted the far more important ones much closer to home. In this post, we will be looking at all the sporting highs for Ireland in the last 12 months.
Clermont Auvergne pulled clear at the top of Heineken Cup Pool 5 with a 15-12 victory over defending champions Leinster at the Stade Marcel Michelin.
Ireland has been drawn into, what is now being called, the ‘6 Nations’ group for the 2015 Rugby World Cup in England.
Fergus McFadden scored two of Leinster’s five tries as they earned a bonus point win over Italian club Zebre in Saturday’s Pro12 match at the RDS.
Editor of Studenty_Dublin
If you have editorial experience in student or mainstream media, are a skilled mentor/coach and a genuine team player, we'd love to hear from you. Email our Dublin Lead Editor, Katie: email@example.com
Book at Hostelworld
- More than 4,000 ‘College Sugar Babies’ looking for their ‘Sugar Daddy’ in Ireland May 10, 2013
- Fee-paying schools: Is the money worth it? May 9, 2013
- Abortion campaign begins May 7, 2013
- How living in Dublin changes your life May 1, 2013
- How to do well in that exam! April 30, 2013
- James Whelton makes computer coding easy and fun for young people | Taking on the Giant: [...] selected by Forbes as one of the 30 global s...
- Sarah: Hi, I had this on my laptop i dropped it into a s...
- Molly Stracy: hi im molly and i love the idea of these shoes and...
- sexo: Your means of describing all in this article is in...
- kay tighe: i just started with 48 two months ago no card requ...
Follow @studentyme on Twitter