More than 4,000 Irish female students have joined a ‘sugar daddy’ online dating service, to pay their way through college in some cases.
New figures from the Department of Education have shown that two-thirds of students who attend fee-paying schools go on to higher level education, compared to 40 percent of students from other school types.
It’s the countdown to summer and for the unfortunate few in sixth year it also means the count down to the Leaving Cert. Students are rigorously filling out CAO application forms while attempting to memorise as much information as humanely possible for the dreaded LC and considering possible Irish college courses to take next year.
Delegates who called for the recent Union of Students in Ireland (USI) membership referendum to be declared null and void at the USI Congress 2013 in Co. Galway have been shot down.
Last week it emerged that the Irish Leaving Certificate points system is forcing young Irish people to look to our European counterparts and the option of studying abroad for college education.
Mid-way through March and it’s the countdown to summer (even though it may not feel like it) and time to get fit! Only a few more weeks and it will be time to get out the tanning mitts and throw on the denim shorts. It also happens to be time to try out every diet fad known to man in order to get the perfect bikini body, from Special K to Atkins to diets that consist of very little more than a vomit-inducing milk shake.
Student Living: Cooking up a storm!
Seachtain na Gaeilge takes it’s toll once again in Ireland from the 4th – 17th of March.
We all know about the good bits of being in college and being a student…
College is ruining my college life!
Editor of Studenty_Dublin
If you have editorial experience in student or mainstream media, are a skilled mentor/coach and a genuine team player, we'd love to hear from you. Email our Dublin Lead Editor, Katie: email@example.com
Book at Hostelworld
- More than 4,000 ‘College Sugar Babies’ looking for their ‘Sugar Daddy’ in Ireland May 10, 2013
- Fee-paying schools: Is the money worth it? May 9, 2013
- Abortion campaign begins May 7, 2013
- How living in Dublin changes your life May 1, 2013
- How to do well in that exam! April 30, 2013
- Sarah: Hi, I had this on my laptop i dropped it into a s...
- Molly Stracy: hi im molly and i love the idea of these shoes and...
- sexo: Your means of describing all in this article is in...
- kay tighe: i just started with 48 two months ago no card requ...
- Fancy Dress Costumes: Some brilliant ideas, my favourite is the Edward s...
Follow @studentyme on Twitter